Foundation Review | Armani vs Dior

Hey everyone,

So i'm going to be doing a make-up review about the Armani Luminous Silk and Dior Star foundation today. I know they've been around for a while, but as their both popular foundations I will be doing a comparison as to what I think is better for me and why. I also have some photos of me wearing both to show you the difference.

Although my skin type is oily, I prefer foundations that give a dewy look rather than matte.

Armani Luminous Silk:


 So I've been hearing good reviews about this for ages, and if any of you have heard of "amrezy" on Instagram, she wears this foundation all the time & it looks flawless, so I thought I would give it a try.

The title "Luminious Silk" sounds quiet elegant and appealing and really does what it says. I bought this from Kingston, Bentalls, and was colour matched - the colour is an exact match to my skin tone - shade 6.5. The price was £36.50 and the packaging, for Armani I think it could be made to look more attractive, the Dior packaging is a lot more appealing.

The bottle is medium size and it has a pump which I love as I hate foundations that you have to pour out! I've been through a lot of foundations and this is by far my favourite, especially if you like the dewy look. It makes your skin look amazing, glowy, healthy and on a night out I apply quite a few layers and it never gives the cakey look! So it is definately worth a try. Also, even though I have oily skin it never makes me look shiny in a bad way - although this could be down to the face products I use beforehand, which I will blog about later.



I apply this with a foundation brush, I've not tried it any other way but I believe this is the best way to get that flawless yet dewy look. It's so lightweight aswel! No matter how many layers I apply, it always feels light on my skin and I can wear this for hours - and I don't really wear foundation unless i'm going on a night out because I hate the feeling on my skin - another reason why I love this. This is a picture of me wearing it, sorry its so far away I will upload a recent closer picture this week, but as you can see it gives an amazing glow.


The only downside I would say is if you have any spots, because of the luminious look this gives, I feel like it actually highlights spots rather than conceal them - so the coverage, its not the best.

Have any of you tried this foundation? What are your thoughts?

Dior Stars:


Okay so this foundation the packaging is a lot more appealing and looks expensive which I like. It comes in a glass bottle which is taller than the Armani, but smaller in width - however, they are both 30ml. It also has a pump which is an advantage, is SPF 30 and is priced at £32.50.

The coverage on this foundation is medium and you can add multiple layers to give a flawless, but non-cakey look. For spots etc, I think it's a good foundation and conceals well.



However, I have so many negatives about this foundation - although the coverage is good, the SPF in it makes it awful for flashback. I can't wear it anymore because I realised that it makes me look like a ghost in photos! And photos are a must!!! As well as that, I remember wearing it one time when it was quite hot outside and it actually made me break out in some spots. Here's a bad photo to show you the difference between my face and skin colour (bearing in mind I was colour matched in Westfield and this is an exact match to my skin tone).


Awful colour difference and picture!! It's a shame because it is actually a good foundation.

On a positive note, the foundation is also lightweight and feels nice on my skin when wearing it - although in comparison to the Armani, I definitely prefer that. I applied this with a foundation brush, although having read various reviews and hearing the make-up artist who did my make over when I purchased it, a beauty blender is a better application to apply it as it gives a more flawless look. So I think using a foundation brush didn't do it as much justice. I would suggest maybe mixing this with another foundation if you use it.

What are your thoughts on these foundations? Have you tried them?

2 comments

  1. I've never tried either of these foundations, they both sound fab but I think I prefer the sound of the Armani one. The flashback with the Dior one is not good! Such a shame because other than that it sounds really good.

    The Velvet Black | UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah the Armani is amazing!! I don't think i'l ever change foundations now, my Dior just sits on my shelf! awful flashback xx

      Delete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment :) x